If you are over 70 or have a shielding letter and you have not had your COVID vaccination yet, please book an appointment with a member of the surgery team; otherwise please wait for the surgery to contact you.
Current Eligible Cohorts
- Aged over 70 or have a shielding letter
- Aged 65-69 (Telephone and SMS invitations commenced as of w/c 08.02.21)
Please see our COVID vaccination information sheet which accompanies our SMS invitation.
If you are experiencing problems booking your COVID vaccination appointment via the SMS invitation, please follow the Booking Guide for more information.
COVID-19 vaccinations for unpaid carers
- Are you providing support to a family member or friend, who could not manage without your support due to age, illness, disability or substance misuse?
- Are you worried about what will happen to them if you catch the virus and aren’t able to care for them?
In recognition of the vital contribution carers have made throughout this pandemic, unpaid carers have been included in Priority Group 6 of the Covid-19 vaccination roll out programme.
North Tyneside GP Practices and North Tyneside Council are working together with North Tyneside Carers’ Centre to make sure carers get access to the vaccine. You may not think of yourself as a carer as you see yourself as a husband, wife, son, daughter, relative or friend of someone who needs your help, however, you can still be included as a priority for the Covid vaccination.
If you are aged 16 – 64 years and want to be included as a priority for the vaccination, you must register with North Tyneside Carers’ Centre at www.northtynesidecarers.org.uk or by telephoning 0191 643 2298 between 10am – 4pm, Monday to Friday.
North Tyneside Carers’ Centre also provides a range of support to help you in your caring role including:
- Advice line and live chat
- Access to range of resources and information
- Carers assessment
- Online support groups
- Online wellbeing sessions and social activities
- Online workshops e.g. planning for an emergency
- Digital/IT support to get online
- Befriending service
- Support into work/training/employment
If you are already registered with the Carers’ Centre, you do not need to contact them. You will automatically receive an invite to book your vaccination when it is your turn.
Further coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine information